I Spose I should link to a few places where I bought parts and pages of interest, might be of use to someone.
- Grove Classic Motorcycles. Parts seem to be good, delivery is prompt and they are pretty helpful on the phone.
- Nick Payton, no website/email. very helpful and not to far from me for me to collect the parts;-) 0208-540-2118.
- Velocette Owners club, not a lot to say. I recieved parts I ordered pretty fast and where I made a
mistake with a part number whoever filled the order realised and sent the correct part!
- Velocette Tech group, yahoo group with lots of knowledgable people on it.
- Sutton Rebore, not used them for a while[years] but they have always been pretty reliable.
- Vintage Bearings. Phil Heywood, supplies obsolete bearings. Good Chap.
- Alpha BearingsSupply crank pins and big-end assemblies.
- G&S valvesMake valves from their own forgings, if you buy a new valve for an old bike it's likely they made it.
Again very handy for me as they are close.
- Newman Cams, Fettling them knackered old cams and lifters, friendly and I am told they know their sturf.
- Basset Down, need something balancing this was the place to go.
- Venhill Cables. The original Nylocables, great cables, either buy the bits and solder them yourself or get
made to measure cables.
- Demon Pressure washers, sell soda blasting stuff, I am going to give it a try.
- MSC, J&L industrial, pretty good for engineering supplies.
- Owens Velos, got loads of factory drawings, he does want dosh for them though
- Robs page about his KTT, has some interesting stuff on the tech pages, there is something
wrong with the menu's[if you use firefox]. But if you mess about you can see the pages.
- Dai Gibbison's pages, some good info here.
- Ed Gilkinsons pages, a few tech tips, didn't read them but saw the site.
- The Velobanjoagent. great site.
- The Vintagent.-----"------
- John Watson. Makes pushrod engine cases, helpful bloke gave me some dimensions I needed.
- Classic Bike Forum. Can be useful.
- Keith Hamilton's books, I saw various posts after he died, I didn't know his name but came across his books, great read.
- AJS-Matchless Tech library, lots of useful stuff.
- Amal Carbs new carbs!
- Magneto Man